Monday, December 25, 2006

Seasons greetings (in case you didn't receive one)

Season’s greetings: to all our family and friends. We hope that this year has treated you well thus far, and that the New Year will bring you new beginnings. It’s been a busy year for the Kummet family and as usual I will fill you in on what’s been new with us.

Bob spent the last year trying a new job by working as the maintenance manager at the Holiday Inn Express. He enjoyed working indoors and in the considerably warmer conditions, but ultimately decided to just finish out his year in May of 2006. He decided not to go back to NOR-SON and was offered a job with Steve Northway’s new company: Northway Construction. Things have been starting out good and as always, he has enough side projects to keep him busy if there is down time at home. He also plans to enjoy the winter with his hobby of snowmobileing.

Doris still has her job at Mills Fleet Farm in the clothing department and it keeps her especially busy during the winter season. She enjoyed our family trip to Mexico this last spring, and tries to find time to relax at home too. Recently I have been trying to teach her some e-mailing on the computer so that we can communicate easily next year. This has been an interesting, but useful challenge for her.

I (megan) have the most exciting year to come. I’m a senior this year and a lot of seniors would say they would rather be at college and can’t wait until graduation. Not me, that’s not the case. I have enjoyed this year more than ever and so much is left to plan that I’m just taking each day at a time. I am not in dance this year, which gives me more time to do other things. Like work, homework for AP classes, traveling and spending time with friends. I am looking forward to traveling to Costa Rica during Spring break and staying with a family there, along with the BHS Spanish department. Then shortly after returning the symphonic band will be leaving Easter Sunday for California. As far as college goes my top two choices would be Concordia (in Moorhead) and Saint Scholastica (in Duluth), and I intend to major in Psychology. Either place would work for me, and I’m sure the final decision will be satisfactory.

Well we are a small family, but looking at this it’s apparent that we certainly have enough to keep us busy. New changes are always waiting, and thus far I think our family has handled them well. We would like to wish for all our friends and family a year that they can remember in a good way, and the best they deserve. Happy Holiday’s!
The Kummet’s

No comments: