Thursday, June 15, 2006

...the experience...

well it's over and done with although not entirely. on tuesday i had my last meal and got about eight hours of sleep. i went into the OMSA and they got me set up with the blood pressure cuff, finger pincher (?), and some other thing they stuck on my throat. doctor comes in: "oh don't you look excited!" i hate him at this moment. a little chit chat with my parents and then we're ready to go. this is at 8:00am so i'm not exactly wide awake to begin with, but the assistant set's me up with the laughing gas. keep in mind i'm a first timer to the gas. whoa! they asked how old i was i said "seventeeeen" and personally i thought i souned like a man! so it made me laugh, then they asked where i work and after i told them i kept laughing at the sound of my voice so obviously i was smiling. the assistant was like "ohh look doctor now she's smiling!" i attempted to frown to disprove her point, but they had just injected me with the needle and i was out!
that's all i know..next time i'm laying on a bed in this different room and i need to sit up awake before i can leave. the assistant say's i look pretty pale, and i'm fadin away cause i'm soo tired. she changed the gauze in my mouth which i really didn't care to see and my mom is sitting there looking prety nervous, later i hear the assistant say "i'm more worried about you dear you look like you could faint" (to my mother). eventually she gets me up and into a wheelchair and into the car with an icepack. i'm in the car for less than a minute and my mouth is watering...not good. as if life can't get better i threw up a little in the car, but don't worry about the car i got it on myself. my mom drove around the back and we headed back in, changed the gauze again (ewwww) and headed back to the parking lot.
i got home and crashed! i took like 3 different drugs and slept from10 am until about 9:30pm and moved to my mom's bedroom b/c i had to take more meds at all these wierd times, then i continued sleeping until like 10:30 this morning.
so, yes i'm glad i went under, i look like jay leno's daughter if i had a longer chin, i have my liquid vicadin, and am still taking crushed ibprofen in sprite, and the infection stuff, and i haven't been spitting, but these stiches feel really wierd! Thanks for all the advice and support, the little things help. i'm just glad it's over and done with!

1 comment:

keuber said...

in about 2 days you'll be painless.

then like 5 days you'll be able to eat ANYTHING. it's wonderful!