Thursday, June 08, 2006

i simply ask your opinion...

i have a small dilema that has been causing me to constantly ask opinions...what you ask?...well thank god we're not talking about my hair color.. i'm referring to a choice in ipods...!obviously i intend to use my enormous amount of store credit to get an ipod (this has been the secret plan for some time now), but cannot decide which one.
Here it is: the mini which is about maybe $50 cheaper and is much more compact, it would be more simple, and holds about 1,000 songs, and i think i have 350 some right now, this would also have a cheaper case and be easy for excercising. the larger version (not that rellly thick one) would be a little more expensive but will hold like 7,500 songs, i know that i will never aquire this many, but it is more than 1,000...the cases are also a little more expensive, but i like the bigger screen and more memory could help, although i probably wouldn't use video, it might be nice.
As potential best buy/electronics customers let me know what you think. i already have one vote from LA for the mini which she obviously owns, but if possible comment the rest.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmm, that is a tough decision. I think that the deciding factor is money. Will the store credit cover the price of the large one that's $50 more? If not, I would say only get the larger one if you can pay the excess money without having to beg for food/gas money. The smaller one is more simple and you might not be happy with it in five years when it's obsolete and you see it and say, "hmph, this thing holds only 1000 songs, can't play video (can it?), and has a miniscule screen. If I had only shelled out the $50. Then i would have a bigger and better obsolete iPod" You never know. And if the store credit covers it - you're gold. Throw caution to the wind and put up with the bulk. You now have my vote (the big one).

m_kummet said...

hmmm you've given me a lot to think about, but i need more votes. i also have the $75 gift card i won at the ponchos x-mas party, so it'll cover the rest and possible accessories.

keuber said...

i have a mini and it pretty much sucks. after about a year, (for me) the battery life is barely 2 hours. and i have way more than 1000 songs.

plus, if you get a video one, you can upload all the manly mustache videos. those alone are worth the extra cash!

Lock_J said...

I would go with the big one. I'm a proud owner of both a mini and the 30GB video ipod. The video ipod is way better and the minis have a bug in them or something. They don't work half the time, and once you have something to hold songs, you'll be suprised about how many songs you actually listen to, and how they can accumulate over the years. I was highly dissapointed in the quality of the mini ipod, and that is why i bought my video ipod. Plus, the battery life does suck on the minis. My vote, the big one.