Saturday, May 13, 2006

Go Bears!!!!


Ok, weird. The other day i recieved an email from the Washington University located in St. Louis, MO. I do not want to go to Washington University, I repeat, do not want to go to Washington University, but because the subject said "important athletic recuitment notice," i decided to open it. The email was from Rich Luenemann, the head coach of the Bears' women's volleyball team. It was a lengthy one, but the first sentence was the important one. That i had been recruited and scouted to play Bear's women volleyball. I don't play volleyball anymore, so i deleted it.

Well, today at 3:26 pm central daylight time, Rich Luenemann called my cell phone. He asked if i was still interested and if i had recieved his email yet. I told him i had and unfortunately, i no longer played volleyball. He wouldn't let it go. So, i took the oportunity to ask him about the hockey program there. There isn't one. He said that he would send me an informational packet on the team, and what the daily, weekly, and monthly schedules were like, what was expected of me on and off the court, and in the classroom, and he just kept talking and talking. Pretty much, the answer is no, even if the Bears' are the Washington University Volleyball 8-Time NCAA III National Champions. I don't really care. I don't want to play volleyball and my knee wouldn't be able to handle it.

Plus, their school sucks. I don't want to major in any of the areas they offer. So, yeah. Apparently i have been drafted to play volleyball, which i don't understand, considering i played on the sophomore volleyball team because my grandmother was sick in the hospital and i missed tryouts for JV/Varsity. I would never had made varsity, but how does one become recruited on the sophomore volleyball team??? What a joke!!!

2 comments:

keuber said...

maybe in missouri volleyball is "code" for hockey.

m_kummet said...

talk about invasion of privacy- did i tell u about the phone call i got from the US guard, who happened to know james volker and called him quote: "a cool cat". talk about akward conversation. Here's the golden rule: answer HOLA COMO ESTAS very loudly.