Saturday, August 19, 2006

Amen for MONA!!!

Ok. Howdy all. I'm in beautiful Chicago at this very minute staying at some really good friends' house. It is really pretty here and i love the big fancy houses and the expensive cars that everybody drives. They also have really weird town set ups. Like they have this really really old falling down piece of shit barn, right in the middle of this outlet first class mall, expensive nisswa little shop type things, and big buildings surr0unding it. I thought that that was really weird. I will have to say though, that we rented a car to drive to the east coast and back, and with this car, it has come equipped with a GPS system, aka "Mona." Mona is a god sent gift for my family on this road trip. Most of our fights happen because nobody can "read" a map good enough for my father. So, you plug in the address you start at, and the address your trying to get to, and it calculates the quickest route there. It even tells you where to turn, what direction, how far you're going to travel on that road, your next turn, when to get on and off the interstate, and it like talks to you and reminds you things and gives you places to eat and do activities when you approach a town. SO, AMEN FOR MONA!!! I saw jennifer anniston and vince vaughns new establishment and let me tell you, it is in the suburb of Chicago, in a town called Wayne that has a population of 1900. It is gorgeous, and has a white picket fence, a fountain in the front, some statue of lions by the fountain, a circular drive way, horses, and a barn. It is a huge. Oh, and one more thing. I totally saw Mrs. Medin the art teacher, going into Menards ( i believe that was the right store) on our residential tour that went through five parking lots. It was so weird. My sister was looking out the window, and she's like OMG, look kayla, and i look and BOOM! Mrs. Medin. I travel 9 hours out of B*Town, and i still can't get away. It was insane. Ok. That's the update on my trip. I'm taking the one hour train ride into downtown Chicago tomorrow and i'm going to see King Tut, at the museum, and a bunch of other chicago lifestyle type things. So, i'll talk to you guys later! Keep it REAL!!!!

No comments: